Highlights Facilities & what to expect at Tierras del Mar
COVID19 / Lockdown Protocols
Tierras del Mar is ensuring that all necessary safety measures are in place for returning guests:
- All staff are equipped with masks and gloves
- Staff sanitizes hands regularly
- Luxury Tented units are all equipped with own braai facilities and cutlery/crockery will be provided at all units to minimize the number of people in the general lounge/kitchen area.
- Sanitizing stations available in the kitchen and lounge areas
- Ample space between couches/tables in the Lounge
- Sanitizers will be sprayed daily after cleaning of units
Facilities On Site
- Situated just above the tented camp, The BarFly bush bar provides ice cold 2M and R&R's and is a popular 'get-together' space for guests and day visitors alike.
- We have a paintball course on site in the bush behind the BarFly bush bar.
- The lodge is ideal for small corporate get-aways and on site catering can be done for groups on request. We have over 20 years experience in teambuilding, corporate events and weddings so talk to us if you require assistance to make your event a success!
Facilities In Nearby Ponta Malongane
- A number of Baraka's (local bars) and restaurants
- Village market for souvenirs
- Diving and boat launching facilities at the Malongane Camp Site
- Dolphin excursions by Courtney
- Deep Sea fishing charters by prior arrangement
- Paragliding with Shaun
Facilities In Ponta D'Ouro
- Barakas, restaurants and shops - souvenirs and clothing
- Village market
- Diving operators
- Swimming with the Dolphins
- Quad Bike Hire
We hope to accommodate you here in this beautiful secluded peace of heaven - far from the maddening crowds - in the near future. Experience the feeling of having arrived on some exotic island as you cross over the border into Mozambique through the KosiBay border post.
Kick off your shoes, switch off your mobile phone and navigate your way towards Ponta Malongane which is an exciting 12kms drive from the border post. Once you reach the quaint village of Ponta Malongane, Tierras del Mar is 1.8kms north of the village towards Ponta Mamoli.
For the 4X4 enthusiast this is the ideal destination to test his/her 4X4 skills or if you prefer to leave your vehicle in South Africa, we can arrange for a border transfer to get you to Tierras del Mar.
Tierras del Mar looks set to become a popular choice of venue for travelers looking for an alternative to camping but who still enjoys the bush and experience of tented accommodation.
Two accommodation options are available at Tierras del Mar currently with more options to be made available in the foreseeable future. Watch THIS SPACE!
Luxury Tented Accommodation
Ten comfortable, luxury units are situated in the bush, a short walk from the beach (+- 300m). All units have en-suite bathroom facilities and can accommodate up to 4 people each.
The units are all equipped with linen, bath towels, cutlery, crockery as well as glassware to make self catering options pain free.
A large lounge area and communal kitchen provides a lovely social space for guests to get together for dinner and breakfast.
Shared fridge and freezer facilities are available in the kitchen area but if you would prefer to bring your own camping fridge/freezer, plug points have been allocated to accommodate them.
Lovely secluded 1 bedroom bush cottage with 2 x ¾ beds in bedroom and bunk bed in lounge area. Can sleep 4 - 6 people. Lovely large deck under roof with gas braai. Area under trees to relax around a bonfire in the evening.
Dolphin Treasure luxury 10 sleeper beach house
- 4 bedrooms all en-suite with beautiful ocean views.
- Large modern open plan kitchen/lounge/dining area with wrap around sash doors, opening up on to a beautiful viewing deck and breathtaking ocean views.
- Splash pool
- Large gas braai
- 1 bedroom en-suite with beautiful bush views
- Kitchenette and small lounge
- Patio area with small braai
Activities to do from Ponta Malongane
- Scuba Diving
- Dolphin Safaries
- Deep sea and surf fishing
- Quadbiking and 4X4 trails
- Snorkeling trips or advice as to where the best snorkeling sites are if you are keen on a self drive
- Day trips to the Elephant Park
- Excursions to Maputo
- 4X4 courses for groups wanting to learn more about 4X4 vehicles
- Organised trips to Inhaca Island, Santa Maria and Milibangalala (self drive or Safari vehicle)
- While visiting Tierras del Mar, view the egg laying rituals of the majestic Leatherback and Loggerhead turtles
- Conferences and Teambuilding
- Bachelorette pamper weekends with manicures/pedicures and other fun therapies
- Bachelor parties - tailor made for your group
Tierras del Mar 2021 Rates:*Rates are subject to change without prior notice
From R300 Per Person Sharing:
This calculation is based on one of the Luxury Tented Units when booked at maximum occupancy (Sleeps 2) @ R600 = R300 Per Person Sharing. See rates for more information
Flexi-Date Voucher Bookings
- Reserve / place a booking during May 2020 for any date and receive a Tierras del Mar Flexi-Date Voucher valid for 24 months.
- If for whatever reason you cannot make your original booking simply contact us to schedule another date (subject to availability).
- Our Flexi-Date Vouchers allow guests to postpone their booking FREE of charge and will not incur any price increase.
- Your Flexi-Date Voucher credit (deposit) will be carried through until you have physically arrived and stayed at our establishment during your chosen (that were available) dates.
Terms & Conditions:
- Valid for Bookings made before 30 May 2020
- Bookings require a 50% non refundable deposit to secure Flexi Voucher deal.
- Balance payments need to be made within 60 days of making the booking or 30 days before arrival - whichever comes first.
|Luxury Tented Accommodation:
(2 → 4 Sleeper)
|From R600 per night
(4 → 6 Sleeper)
|From R1000 per night
|Dolphin Treasure luxury beach house:
|From R3400 per night
|1 - 5 pax:
||R750 per camping site per night
|6 - 8 pax:
||R1200 per camping site per night
Bookings & Enquiries Please fill in the online form below to submit your reservation or enquiry at Tierras del Mar